Earlier this week, our craftsman crew attended the 2018 International Surfaces Event in Las Vegas. The event is a showcase of products from numerous manufacturers and suppliers in the flooring industry. Here our crew is able to see the newest technology in installation tools and supplies, inspiring trends in the industry, and newest product lines available. Here are 5 key flooring trends to look for in 2018.
- LVT with a High-Density Composite Core- An LVT product that features a very stable core providing superior resistance to impacts and dents. It is water proof and can be installed in high moisture and high-traffic areas. This flooring is excellent for residential and commercial use and is available in many wood and tile looks. Check out our current collection, which will grow this year!
- Lighter & Brighter Colors- Trends in the flooring industry are looking light and bright in carpet, LVT, woods, and tile looks.
- Less Tile, More LVT! Tile is cold, can crack, requires re-grouting, can be expensive to install, and more! The industry is shifting away from real ceramic tile to composite luxury vinyl products.
- Family & Pet Friendly Carpet- Carpet continues to be a popular flooring option. In active homes with pets and kids, it is more important than ever to have a cleanable and durable carpet option. Stainmaster Pet Protect carpet is growing rapidly. The options are endless from patterns to simple plush and textured styles.
- Hand Scraping and Earthy Toned Hardwoods- Earthy tones create an inviting feel. Perfect for the Northwest where we see more earth tones in our interior color pallets.
Meanwhile Jill is at furniture market selecting our new showroom furniture models! Check out pictures from both of their adventures below.