The biggest mistake that is made when consumers buy furniture is to base the decision strictly on price, which often ends up costing you more. Here's whyhigh quality furniture beats the budget buy!
Earlier this week, our craftsman crew attended the 2018 International Surfaces Event in Las Vegas. The event is a showcase of products from numerous manufacturers and suppliers in the flooring industry. Here our crew is able to see the newest technology in installation tools and supplies, inspiring trends in the industry, and newest product lines available. Here are 5 key flooring trends to look for in 2018.
- LVT with a High-Density Composite Core- An LVT product that features a very stable core providing superior resistance to impacts and dents. It is water proof and can be installed in high moisture and high-traffic areas. This flooring is excellent for residential and commercial use and is available in many wood and tile looks. Check out our current collection, which will grow this year!
- Lighter & Brighter Colors- Trends in the flooring industry are looking light and bright in carpet, LVT, woods, and tile looks.
- Less Tile, More LVT! Tile is cold, can crack, requires re-grouting, can be expensive to install, and more! The industry is shifting away from real ceramic tile to composite luxury vinyl products.
- Family & Pet Friendly Carpet- Carpet continues to be a popular flooring option. In active homes with pets and kids, it is more important than ever to have a cleanable and durable carpet option. Stainmaster Pet Protect carpet is growing rapidly. The options are endless from patterns to simple plush and textured styles.
- Hand Scraping and Earthy Toned Hardwoods- Earthy tones create an inviting feel. Perfect for the Northwest where we see more earth tones in our interior color pallets.
Meanwhile Jill is at furniture market selecting our new showroom furniture models! Check out pictures from both of their adventures below.
Creating the perfect area rug has never been easier at Koeber's. Here's a step by step guide!
Step 1: Choose a carpet
We have everything from simple plush carpet to extravagant patterns and designs. Check out samples, receive color swatches and pick the perfect carpet for your area rug. Browse our vendors sites online HERE.
*If you already have carpet leftover from an installation or purchased a remnant piece, that works too!
Step 2: Measure for size and shape
Typical rule of thumb we go by is make sure your area rug is large enough to at least allow the front two legs of your furniture to stand on the area rug. This will help gauge the size of rug you need. If you’d like a special shape, cut out, or other design, we can do it!
Step 3: Pick your binding style
We can do anything from a simple cotton binding tape to a wide bind in fabric or leather! Check out the binding options available HERE.
Step 4: Pick up your rug or have it delivered!
Check out these area rugs we have fabricated lately: